The Lay of the Land, 2009, by Michael Vasquez. (Image courtesy of Fredric Snitzer.)
- In Miami: Michael Vasquez at Fred Snitzer, opens Nov. 14.
- In Miami: Raymond Pettibon, Repeater Pencil, and Silvy Flury, Girls Just Wanna…, at World Class Boxing, opens Nov. 14.
- In Durham, N.C.: Andy Warhol: Polaroids at the Nasher Museum at Duke Unversity, opens Thursday.
- In NYC: A Hounding Obession, with Darkcloud, Gore-B, Armer and Deeker, at Factory Fresh, opens Nov. 13.
- In NYC: Alias: Man Ray at the Jewish Museum, opens Nov. 15.
- In NYC: The Map As Art at Christopher Henry, through Jan. 10.
- In Boston: Strange Loops at Boston Center of the Arts, with Fred Muram, Karen Schiff, John Schultz and many others, through Jan. 3. (There will be gallery talks on Dec. 9 and 16 at 6:00 p.m.).
- In Chicago: Zoe Strauss lectures at the Art Institute of Chicago as part of the exhibition, On the Scene, on Nov. 12 at 6 p.m.
- In Chicago: Learning Modern at the Sullivan Galleries of the School of the Art Institute of Chicago, through Jan. 26.
- In Seattle: Ken Kelly, Painting, at Howard House, through Nov. 28.
- In Seattle: SuttonBeresCuller at Lawrimore Projeect, through Dec. 19.
- In Portland, Ore.: Jesse Sugarmann, Street Hassle, at Ditch Projects, through Nov. 28.
- In San Francisco: Tom Rusotti and the Institute of Aesthletics at The Lab, through Nov. 21.
- In San Pedro, Calif.: Betsy Lohrer Hall and Yong Sin, Plain and Simple, at Angels Gate, through Jan. 3.
- In London: The Thousands at Village Underground, opens Nov. 18.
You’ve got until midnight on Nov. 14 to submit art for Framing AIDS in Queens.