Potable Water, 2005, a mixed media collage by Mark Bradford. Part of the artist’s solo exhibit at the Nasher Museum of Art. Opens Saturday, in Durham, N.C. (Image courtesy of the artist and the Nasher Museum.)
- NYC: Détournement: Signs of the Time, a group show at Jonathan LeVine Gallery. Opens today, in Chelsea.
- NYC: 31 Women in Art Photography, presented by the Humble Arts Foundation, at Hasted Kraeutler. Through August 17.
- Santa Barbara: Mario Ybarra Jr., The Tío Collection, at the Santa Barbara Contemporary Arts Forum. Through September 30.
- Berlin: The Echo: Although I Am Still Alive, a group show of young Japanese artists, at the Kunstraum Kreuzberg / Bethanien. Opens today, at 7pm.
- This looks badass: Babycastles is having a summit at the Museum of Arts & Design at the end of this month. Get your tickets here.
- Random Link: This David Wojnarowicz bio by Cynthia Carr sounds like a must-read.
- Plus: there’s plenty more happening on the Deitch/MOCA front. Get the lowdown here.