A work in progress by Michael Ballou. Part of the artist’s solo exhibit Raw/Cooked: Michael Ballou, at the Brooklyn Museum. Opens Friday. (Photo by Pierce Jackson.)
- NYC: Claes Oldenburg: The Street and The Store (on the sixth floor) and Mouse Museum and Ray Gun (in the atrium), at the Museum of Modern Art. Opens Sunday.
- NYC: Photography and the American Civil War, at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Through September 2.
- NYC: Tim Hetherington, Inner Light: Portraits of the Blind, Sierra Leone 1999-2003, at Yossi Milo. Opens Thursday, in Chelsea.
- NYC: B. Wurtz, History Works, at Bureau. Opens Sunday, at 6pm.
- Miami: Hernan Bas, Boys in Peril?, at Fredric Snitzer. Opens Friday at 7pm, in the Wynwood Arts District.
- L.A.: Takashi Murakami, Arhat, at Blum & Poe. Opens Saturday at 6pm, in Culver City.
- L.A.: Jennifer Pastor, at Regen Projects. Opens Thursday, in Hollywood.
- L.A.: Ernest Cole: Photographer, at the Fowler Museum at UCLA. Through July 7, in Westwood.
- S.F.: Amusement: New Works from Skewville, at White Walls Gallery. Opens Saturday.