The poetry of fence posts and concrete footings. A detail of Flock in Space, by Ruben Ochoa, in Dallas. The piece is part of the city-wide sculpture exhibition Nasher XChange, organized by the Nasher Sculpture Center to celebrate its 10th anniversary. Ochoa’s piece is on view at the Trinity River Audubon Center, through February 16th. For a map of the other commissions, click here. (Image courtesy of the artist and Susanne Vielmetter Projects.)
- L.A.: JG: A Film by Tacita Dean, at the Hammer Museum. Opens Saturday, in Westwood.
- NYC: Ileana Sonnabend: Ambassador for the New, at the Museum of Modern Art. Opens Saturday.
- NYC: Ingrid Calame, Tracks, at James Cohan Gallery. Through February 8.
- NYC: LA2: A Young Collectors Exhibition, at Leila Heller Gallery. Opens Thursday, in Chelsea.
- Online: Form and Landscape: Southern California Edison and the Los Angeles Basin, 1940-1990, a show of archival photography.