Untitled #175, 2013, by Simen Johan. Part of the artist’s solo show at Yossi Milo Gallery. Opens Thursday, in Chelsea. (Image courtesy of the artist and Yossi Milo.)
- NYC: The Fashion World of Jean Paul Gaultier: From the Sidewalk to the Catwalk, at the Brooklyn Museum. Opens Friday.
- NYC: Leonardo da Vinci: Treasures from the Biblioteca Reale, Turin, at the Morgan Library & Museum. Opens Friday, in Midtown.
- NYC: Vietnam: The Real War — A Photographic History from the Associated Press, at Steven Kasher Gallery. Opens Thursday at 6pm, in Chelsea.
- NYC: Sandra Cinto, at Tanya Bonakdar. Opens Thursday, in Chelsea.
- NYC: Alison Elizabeth Taylor: Surface Tension, at James Cohan Gallery. Opens Thursday, in Chelsea.
- NYC: Justin Bower, Panic Room, at Unix Gallery. Opens Thursday at 6pm, in Chelsea.
- L.A.: See the Light: Photography, Perception, Cognition — The Marjorie and Leonard Vernon Collection, at LACMA. Opens Sunday.
- L.A.: Nikki Pressley, Elsewhere, In Another Form, at Charlie James Gallery. Opens Saturday at 7pm, in Chinatown.
- L.A.: JEFF&GORDON, Temporarily Embarrassed, in the West Gallery, at Cal State Northridge. Opens Saturday at 5pm, in the Valley. Artist talk Monday at 6pm.